I found this simple recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that I have. It is definitely one you can “make your own” by tweaking the recipe a little. The recipe called for finely chopped cookies, Oreo or something but I had none on hand so I skipped that step. These truffles are delicious either way!
These little treats are simple, yet tasty around the holiday time (or anytime)!
Cream Cheese Truffles
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 8oz pk cream cheese softened (I used the neufchatel kind)
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Coconut flakes
- Finely chopped nuts
- Finely chopped peppermint
- Christmas coloured sprinkles
- Melted white/brown chocolate
- Or other dusting/topping of choice
- Melt chocolate in a pot over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese until fully combined.
- Refrigerate about 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
- Line a baking sheet or a large plate with wax paper.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll them into little balls.
- Roll/dip them in favourite topping(s).
- Place them on the wax paper.
- It is best to keep them chilled in the refrigerator.