About a month ago, I was ecstatic to find out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by missyhomemaker. You can check out her awesome blog where she shares great home school deals and tips. Thank you so much missyhomemaker for this awesome privilege!
At first, I had no idea what this award was all about! I had seen it on other blogs but did not know how people got it. Actually, I thought that it was a nomination for a super great blog and that one person among the nominees would be a winner. So when I found out I was nominated, I was ecstatic and waited for someone to tell me that I won the award (LOL). Until one day I read a blog post somewhere that prompted me to contact missyhomemaker and ask her what to do. She graciously replied.
Anyway, there is no winner, it is a blog recognition award for blogs who have less than 200 followers (like mine). In addition, it is a fun way to get to know and connect with other bloggers. If you are nominated, you pass the “love” unto other bloggers. Thank you again missyhomemaker for this great privilege.
After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger;
- Share 11 random facts about yourself;
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I was born in the Caribbean.
- “Chocolate” is my last name.
- Olives and mushrooms are not the first things I choose from a buffet.
- I lived in Puerto Rico for 7 years.
- I love watching family movies with my hubby.
- I would love to visit Europe some day.
- I love to collect baskets, canisters, and tea-cups!
- Picking fruits on a farm is very relaxing to me.
- I speak some Spanish.
- I love to bake!
- I desire to write a children’s novel.
11 Questions the nominating blogger has created for me to answer.
- What’s your favorite meal of the day — breakfast, lunch or dinner? Breakfast and dinner!
- What’s your favorite fruit? I love them all!
- When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up? I do not remember.
- What quality do you find most attractive in others? Funny!
- What’s your favorite sport? Track and Field.
- Gold or silver? Both.
- What’s your favorite candy? Jelly Beans.
- What’s your favorite online shopping website? Amazon!
- What’s your pet peeve? People blowing their noses at the table.
- Winter, spring, summer or fall? Fall, Spring, hmm …cannot decide!
- How many pairs of shoes do you have? About 20 but would love to have 1000
11 questions the nominees need to answer.
1. What is your favorite relaxing technique?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. How old is your oldest child, if you have any?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. Where were you born?
6. Have you ever traveled outside of the country?
7. How many books do you typically read in a year?
8. What is your favorite genre of movies?
9. What is your favorite breakfast?
10. Do you make your own laundry soap?
11. If you had a choice between ice-cream and chocolate, which one would you choose?
My 11 nominees are as follows:
Leah @ leahscooking
Sarah @ thefreerangelife
Antionette @ dedivahdeals.com
Emma @ pisforpreschooler
Leah @ tatteredthoughts.com
Laura @ therookiecook.com
Mira @ roselsmomdiary.blogspot.com
Lisa @ thecookingchallenged.com
Amy @ itsaprincessthing.com
Natalie @ mommyboots.com
Please check these blogs out: they each add something special to the blogging world! Also, nominees, it would be great to check each others blogs out and possibly connect:)